- Got in, checked 43 folders, email, paper on desk
- Made oatmeal & tea
- Checked in with Toodledo again and picked out my MITs
- Got in touch with someone on my team about getting a computer for the student worker we have starting next week
- Wrote out thoughts on some projects to email out
- Lots more email
- A little more planning for the day
- We had a welcome party for a new staff member
- Participated in several impromptu meetings with different colleagues on different projects (both existing and possible)
- Lunch with Leif and John!
- On the way back, heard an interesting story on NPR about a book, Great Philosophers Who Failed at Love. Stayed in car for a few minutes to finish the story. I am the philosophy and women’s and gender studies liaison at my library, so this story was interesting to me from a few perspectives.
- Replied to a few critical emails.
- Grabbed another hot beverage and got to work ordering… for philosophy, women’s and gender studies, and the teaching and learning center. I’m well behind where I should be this year since I was out for three months and have been fitting the work I used to do in the evenings into the work day. I’ve blocked out Wednesday afternoons from here on out to spend more time ordering.
- Met with someone from the Cisco side of the Fellow position; talked about educational technology at my institution, the library’s role in working with faculty on educational technology, and institutional culture.
- Planned to meet with a colleague to talk about wikis, but he was in a meeting that was running long. I used the time to catch up a bit with reference staff (nearby) and to talk with my boss’s boss about a few projects that are coming up.
- Huge snowflakes falling outside!!
- Another meeting outside the library.
- Met with the colleague to talk about wikis before a class on Friday that he’s leading. He’s a pro at all things tech, but I had been planning to do that section of the class. Another meeting got called at the same time so he’s going to cover it.
- Met with Fellow to go over the Cisco visit today.
- Wrapping up things now in hopes I can get out of the building and to the daycare by just after 5:00!