Jennifer Kim, Undergraduate Duke Student
- Has taken 4 classes with blogs, all in english
- 3 successful, 1 not
Why blogs don’t work
- Blogs fall into a black hold
- Blogs are not relevant to class and have no structure
- There are unrealistic expectations
How blogs can work
- Get people involved, RESPOND!
- There is proper incentive
- Provide an easy mechanism
Showed effective uses of blogs:
- Weekly blog post with three questions and ask people to respond. Students often responded to each other, too.
- Didn’t like the use of blog tools in Blackboard.