I’ve taken PTO this week to work on my book. I have a rough draft and it needs polishing, and without seeing that page number grow it was getting hard to get motivated.
And this week has been really productive, just not in the way I had planned:
- Had a great talk with a PhD student that got me thinking of going back to school
- Reviewed an article for a journal
- Finished a presentation due for next week
- Compiled notes for the other one (We’re meeting tomorrow to finish the presentation.)
- Did a little consulting
- Outlined a chapter that I need to finish by the end of the month and will have finished the draft by tomorrow
- I got a little bit of the book reworked, too.
I was feeling guilty about not using the week as I had planned, but now I’m feeling pretty good about it. By 5pm tomorrow I should have all my “extracurricular” work finished except the book. That will leave one project alone for me to get done in my non-work-hours.
Okay, so I only made the video because I wanted to test the service. But hey, it’s fun, so let me know if you want an invite!
On another note, I’ve spent a lot of time this week thinking about literacies, information & media competencies, educational technology, and what we’re doing in higher ed. Hopefully you’ll see some of that reflected in some posts here soon.