Since I have a lot to do in the next few days, I’m completely distracted by work that ought to be done, but doesn’t really need to be at this point. Therefore, my web presence is getting a good winter cleaning.
Things that need to be done:
- Update my CV so that I can…
- Submit the past year’s work in our campus reporting system
- Write annual letter about what I’ve done
- Finish up the wiki book loose ends
- Reply to a bunch of new email
- Get ready for Midwinter
Things that are happening instead (technically, in addition to):
- In conjunction with the CV, updating my CV site (and being reminded of how much more it needs updating to contain all the information I’d like it to contain)
- Organizing my documentation for promotion in my dossier. I’m not going up until next fall, but with the baby on the way, I’d like to finish by May. I started now, before students came back, and because that work fits nicely with updating my CV. I didn’t think this process would be all that bad, but it’s become clear it’s going to take a while. I’m documenting the process for a future blog post.
- Adding Google Analytics to my websites so that I can do better reporting on the impact of them for the dossier and CV.
Things that didn’t need to happen, but happened anyway:
- Fixed/streamlined the contact me section on my website and this blog.
- Updated the places I am on my website, though now I think I need to remove several that I am not actively participating in.
- Finally got around to cleaning up categories on this blog! There are a bunch of uncatagorized posts, but there’s at least a framework that makes sense now.
- Added a list of the big memes I’ve participated in on the sidebar here.
- Worked with John to figure out and fix some weird things in my CV site‘s stylesheet.
- Came up with a template for the CV site so that I can add good citations, annotations/summaries, supporting documents, and references to the works for the things that need it.
- Got rid of a bunch of Twitter lists I made that weren’t useful and created a few to be more useful.
Things I’m reminded to do because of this stuff:
- I’d like to update my bio paragraph to be something I can use everywhere, then replace it here, on my CV site, on LinkedIn, etc.
- Adding a bunch of content to the CV site.
- Actually making a dossier is going to take forever, and I need to get going on it.
But first, finishing up the wiki book, emailing, and getting ready for midwinter! Off to get started!