Reclaiming Campus Digital Treasures Using the Digital Information Virtual Archive
Jay Holden – session chair
Andrew Roderick and Daniel Koepke – San Francisco State University
- Case study: SF State hidden treasurers
- There was a 1968 student strike that lead to college of ethnic studies
- Went through a number of archives (labor, film, art, special collections), went to alumni
- Each are owners of content, so education on how to prepare for items to be in DIVA: metadata, digitization methods, sharing, digital rights
- Planning so that if later want to contribute to another repository, it would work.
- Showed DIVA; each faculty member has own space
- Very media-capable, can create nice collections on subject area/course/etc.
- Can do some editing and notation on images for slideshows within the system
- Very Web 2.0 with ease of website authoring, RSS feeds, multimedia, etc.
- Can prepare content as a lecture or class.