If you know me, you know I like online video. If you know me well, you know that a large part of why I like online video is that you can often embed it in other places. I love anything embeddable. I really feel that there is a lot of potential in reusing bits of the web in this way. So, thought I know Pageflakes, Netvibes, and iGoogle very well, I came to the PageFlakes session in case there was a reason that Pageflakes was honored above Netvibes (in particular).
- So many teachers were using the site that they created a template: teacher.pageflakes.com.
- Showed an example of start page. Talked about how you can add widgets and RSS feeds. Talked about how you can publish your start page.
- Showed examples of all the things you can embed in the site.
- Can put almost anything you want on the pages.
- Compared with iGoogle, Netvibes, and Pageflakes: NV and PF seem to tie; iGoogle has limited customization and not sharable
- People were really blown away by the demonstration, so I guess I should say if you haven’t poked around with this type of thing, please go give it a try. I mean, really, people in the audience gasped when they showed how to retheme or move widgets around on the page.