Free Software for Learning Object Development
Leah Ujda – session chair
Neil Griffin – Bainbridge College
- Talked for a while about why you might choose to use free software
- Described types of free software: public domain, open source, freeware
- EXE: create and package learning objects.
- Wink: create screencasts and tutorials in flash format.
- Timeline Creator: flashbased timelines
- Eclipse Crossword Creator: create flash-based online crosswords
- Match-up: matching flash game
- Multiple Choice: flash based multiple choice game
- Fling the Teacher: flash multiple choice game
- PDF Creator: does what it says, with some additional features
- CamStudio: screencasting
- Audacity: audio recording
- MediaCoder: convert sound and video files
- OpenOffice: office suite with word processor, spreadsheet, presentations, drawing, and database programs. Can save in Office formats.
- Website for presentation