Whew. Today was a meeting-filled day, with little time to get actual tasks done… It was a good one, though!
- Morning routine.
- Replied to email, volunteered to be on a library committee.
- Packed a little bit more.
- Took a very early, slightly longer than average lunch break to get coffee with one of my educational technologist friends. We talked about emerging technologies, the changing information environment, and possible areas of collaboration.
Still morning, but after my lunch break:
- When I got back I tracked down my current job description for an afternoon meeting and I skimmed the BABOK for potential things that might help us in our library work.
- Then I had a phone meeting with two people interested in getting involved with LITA’s Distance Learning Interest Group. We talked about possible positions and the direction the group could take. I have a list of questions to answer for my “next actions.”
- Then, a fun surprise, I got copies of my first scholarly article (well, really annotated bibliography) in the mail! I read through it to make sure it was as I remembered, and took a picture for Flickr & Brightkite:
- My main afternoon meeting was with my new supervisors about my new position within the organization. I was on the reference/instruction side of things, and I’m moving to the technology side. (Hence the actual move on Friday.) It was a good meeting, and we will be doing some research this week and meeting again next week.
- After this meeting I swung by Craig‘s office. (He’s also participating in Library Day In the Life!) We were going to do some video editing for a project he’s working on, but ran into some issues in the file conversions. We found someone with another recommendation and he’s going to give it another try later on. It was good to catch up, we don’t get to talk too much!
- When I got back to my office I had an instant message from my publisher. We chatted for a few minutes about my progress on the book and ALA. You’ll note that I’m not talking about the book this week. I had been working at a steady pace, but once I completed the draft I took a break in order to finish last night’s chapter and we are scheduled for things every night this week. I think I’m going to get back into it this weekend.
- I checked a few emails, and then it was after when I should have left, so I packed up and went to get John.
Tonight I have a yoga class, but I also have several things in my email inbox that need to be dealt with. I’ll spend whatever time I have getting as close to zero as I can.
Tomorrow looks to be another (good) meeting-filled day… I’ll keep you posted!