Today was another meeting filled day. The evening got away from me, so you’re getting the short and sweet version here:
- Got in, checked email and calendar, off to the first meeting.
- Went on a walk through of microtext with all the stakeholders in the microtext weeding project. Took longer than expected, but we did a thorough first pass.
- Quickly met with our webmaster about LibGuides. We now have accounts, but haven’t had a chance to play with them yet.
- Another quick pass through the email.
- Went to lunch with a new friend who works in the vendor side of things. Great conversation. We talked a little bit about professional identity, networks of people doing similar work, the academic perspective of being part of a larger field.
- Got back and talked about LibGuides with another person on the planning group. We set up accounts and made a demo one. We’re going to play separately with them; we figured that since I come from a hack-around mindset, it would be useful to see how easy it is for a non-hacker-around type of person to learn how to use them.
- We had a staff meeting: our associate director talked about her experience in the Leadership Winston-Salem program and we got general updates.
- I helped move a larger bookcase up to my office for when Susan gets here.
- I spent the rest of the afternoon skimming email, looking up positions that sound like what we were talking about yesterday, going through files, and packing up my office. I think at this point I could be totally out of this office in 30 minutes, tops.
Tomorrow will be strange. I’m moving, I have a lot of email catching up to do, and I have a task list that has grown each day as I’ve not gotten through an entire todo list any day this week. We’ll see how it goes tomorrow!