I came due to my interest in online education (at a ThinkPad campus with an extensive study abroad program)
- Presidentâ€™s Program: Internet Culture: What Do We Know About Internet Culture? 4-5pm on Sunday, June 25, Sheraton New Orleansâ€”Grand BR D/E
- Top Technology Trends, 1:30-3pm
- Announced National Forum: Oct 26-29, 2006 NetVille in Nashville: Web Services as Library Services
- Todayâ€™s LITA Open House: Saturday, 24 4-5:30 Morial Convention Center 260
- ACRL Distance Learning Section
Possible for future of interest group: blog, wiki, online community group (I’m looking into participating in this)
Future program ideas (2008):
- Learning Objects program in the future? Death of the LO?
- Question: What is a learning object? I explained WFU: modular, short, not specific to one institutions/sharable, digital, etc. Another definition read by the moderator. We couldnâ€™t agree on modularity.
- Problematic because involves vendorsâ€¦Not necessarily if focuses on solutions
- Diverse type of users (younger, new, ect. Students)
- Are they being done as consortiums?
- Has there been assessment?
- Are librarians cooperating with faculty? Vendors?
Discussion of downloadable books for soldiers that donâ€™t fit in social norm
Also, assessment in Blackboard
Frustration when things donâ€™t work, so have to work with Vendor
- Acting also as publishers
- Acting also a technologists
- Acting also as instructional designers
- This changes how libraries see things a little bit
I missed out on the Flattening of the Web and the So You Want to be a Reviewer programs to attend this… did anyone blog these two events?